Monday, 23 March 2015

Made for You by Melissa Marr

Made for You
by Melissa Marr


Summary: Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital to discover an attempt has been made on her life. But who in her sleepy town could have hit her with their car? And why? Before she can consider the question, she finds that she's awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people's deaths when they touch her.

While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old friend, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva's power to keep her friends - and themselves – alive. But the killer is obsessed and will stop at nothing to get to Eva…
So I had this problem with books by Melissa Marr in the past, where I liked them but always felt like I wanted something more from them than what I got... I had written off her books as being good but just not my cup of tea. But this book, it sounded too good not to try and I'm so glad I did because it thoroughly proved my previous judgements wrong.

Basically, I loved it. Really loved it. Would-now-read-any-book-she-writes kind of loved it.

It was kind of like someone threw The Body Finder into a blender with an E. Lockhart book (big compliment coming from me) and it was awesome.

One of my favourite things about it is that it's one of those paranormal books that has a more gritty contemporary feel to it so the paranormal stuff feels more convincing and grounded in reality (which makes a nice change from the ones that require massive suspension of disbelief).

And the murder plot line was great too--the killers chapters made me so angry and creeped out (a good thing) and even though I had my suspicions about who it was, it still kept me guessing and looking for clues right up until it was confirmed.

The characters in the book were awesome too. The friendships were flawed, but I liked that--it was realistic. And I really, really loved the female relationships in the book...Eva never really got catty or blamed female characters for things that a lot of girls would have, and I loved that and the way she looked out for her female friends (all of her friends really, but particularly the girls). I really liked her best friend, Grace, for that same reason.

I even enjoyed the alternating POV's, which is generally something I don't like much in a book, but it was done really well here.

That's all I can say really without giving spoilers. It had me hooked right from the start and I'd rate it 4.5 stars out of 5.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.