Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Check In With

So the topic this week is top ten characters you'd like to check in with after the story ends and I'm going to cheat with some of these -- they won't all be specific characters I want to check in with, more worlds I'd like to check in with...see how things turned out for all the characters in those worlds. I'll try to explain the why's without actually spoiling how the books end.

1. Harry Potter - Starting with the obvious. I know I'm not alone in this, but I'd love to just see their
lives somewhere down the line. I'm not one of those people that hated the epilogue, my issue with it was purely that it tried to cram so much into so few pages. I think, even more than knowing how the main characters are, I'd like to know what their kids lives are like at Hogwarts.

2. The Lumatere Chronicles - Particularly Froi and Quintana, and Lucian and Phaedra... The series ends perfectly, but I would devour even a short story about any of these characters set sometime after where the last book left off. I loved the characters so much, and loved the relationships so much, and Melina Marchetta writes them so well -- I just want more of them.

3. The Host - This book wasn't perfect, but I did actually really kind of love it and I really hate that Stephenie Meyer said she was writing sequels for it but then changed her mind, leaving fans of the series hanging. I want to see more of how the relationships between the characters changed after the way the book ended. I want to know how things turn out for the world.

4. Jacob and Leah from Twilight - I have very conflicted feelings about the Twilight series, but I would like to see Jacob Black somewhere down the line -- mostly to
see how hilariously Stephenie Meyer tries to write his relationship with Renesme in a way that isn't creepy. I also felt bad for Leah, I'd like to know that she got a happy ending (personally, I think the last book would've been way better if she'd paired Leah with Jacob and threw the whole imprinting on a baby nonsense out the window...way less creepy, and would've been one of the only non-insta love relationships in the book).

5. Ava Lavender from The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender - This is a more recent book that I read, but I'd really love to see what happened to her and the people in her life after the story ends...and I can't explain why without spoilers, so I'll leave it at that (and if you haven't read the book yet, do it! It's beautiful).

6. Lina from Between Shades of Gray - We do get to know how things turn out for her, sort of, but the story kind of does that thing where it jumps a lot of time in the last chapter so we know where the characters end up but don't get to see them getting to that point. So this is less wanting to check in with them and more...I'd like to see the in-between bits, between where they were and where they end up.

7. Winnie from Tuck Everlasting - This is another one that is less about knowing how things ended
for her, because we do get to know that, and more wanting to see how she got there. I want to see the life she had, I want to know if she ever questioned her choices or if she made them without any moments of regret.

8. Ty and Gemma from Stolen by Lucy Christopher - I want to know if they ever meet again. I want to know if Stockholm Syndrome is something Gemma ever gets over or if it haunts her for the rest of her life. I want to know how things turn out for Ty, if he gets help and overcomes his issues.

9. Nick and Amy from Gone Girl - Mostly because that ending was very "WTF?!" and I'd love to see how it all plays out.

10. Grace from Entangled by Cat Clarke - Reading this book hurt, I doubt I'll ever reread it. But even years later I'm still angry about things that happen in the book... I want to know that things turn out okay for Grace, that she realises she deserves so much better.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Nick and Amy is a good one - I'm afraid for their baby!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.