Sunday, 10 May 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up (35)

I really should stop calling these "weekly" wrap-ups, because I don't do the post every week. So yeah, this is a wrap up of the last 3 weeks? 4 weeks?

On the Blog:

Lanna's favourite books not set in the UK/US
Ten books Lanna will probably never read

Lanna:

Hey. Hi. S'up?

Once again, I've not been reviewing much. I have been reading a little but I can't post reviews for a few of the books until nearer their release dates, and I've not read much beyond those thanks to a couple of weeks of horrible insomnia (makes it hard to focus when I try to read).

But enough about that...

New Books

There's quite a lot of books here, but these are like a month worth of books not just a week.


For review:

Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker (Netgalley) - Witches, medieval world, sounds awesome.

Circling the Sun by Paula McLain (Netgalley) - Set in Kenya during the 1920's, that's all I needed to hear.

The Dying of the Light by Derek Landy - This one... I really, really enjoyed the first book in the series but that's the only one I've read (partially read book 2). The problem is this is the 9th in the series, I don't have the other books so it'll probably be a while before I review this one.

Made for You by Melissa Marr - I already reviewed an e-ARC of this.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I am ridiculously excited for this one.


Bought:

The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (also have this on audiobook and love it so far)
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman (I blame the mini-series, flawed but entertaining)
Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

I think I got a few more of the Penguin Little Black Classics, but I can't remember which ones.

Audiobooks:

Yes Please by Amy Poehler - I had a credit to use up on audible and I am so insanely indecisive when it comes to audiobooks. I went with this one mainly because everyone says it's an awesome book but I can't see it being one I'd ever sit down and read, so listening is a good option (but also partly because she narrates it herself, so she's not one of those narrators with really droning/grating voices).

E-books:

At the Back of the Northwind by George MacDonald - This one is actually a free Kindle book. I realised I haven't read many Scottish classics, so I want to give this one a try (plus, I adore Princess and the Goblin by the same author).

Carter Reed 2 by Tijan - I loved the first book, hopefully this one is just as good.

I may be forgetting some. What've you guys been reading? Have you read any of the ones mentioned?

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Great books this week.Witch Hunter looks excellent! I might have to request it!

    I hope you have a fantastic week :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.