Thursday, 16 July 2015

Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine

Fire Colour One
by Jenny Valentine


Summary: A teenage girl will soon discover, there are some things which burn even brighter than fire.
Iris’s father Ernest is at the end of his life.
Her best friend Thurston seems like a distant memory to her.
Her mother has declared war. She means to get her hands on Ernest’s priceless art collection so that she can afford to live the high life.
But Ernest has other ideas.
There are things he wants Iris to know. Things he can tell her and things that must wait till he’s gone.
What she does after that is up to her.
So. Hi. Allow me to introduce you all to the newest addition to my favourites shelf...

I've only read one other Jenny Valentine book before (Broken Soup) and I remember loving it but I'm not sure how I managed to forget how much I love her writing. But this book? It has definitely made sure I won't forget again in a hurry -- her writing is incredible.

And the characters... What can I say about the characters except that I loved them (although a couple were more of a love-to-hate type situation). Iris was such a unique character and it was so interesting reading about all the complex relationships in her life (with her best friend, with her parents, and also with fire...she has a very complex relationship with fire in the book that was fascinating to read about).

There's not much else I can say about the book really. The story and characters got under my skin in a weird way -- I didn't even realise it had happened until I reached a certain point in the book and my eyes were welling up and my heart was breaking for Iris and Ernest.

Basically, I loved the book. I'd rate it 5 stars out of 5.

Later.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.