Monday, 20 July 2015

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The Little Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


Summary: A pilot forced to land in the Sahara meets a little prince. The wise and enchanting stories the prince tells of his own planet with its three volcanoes and a haughty flower are unforgettable.

A strange and wonderful parable for all ages, with super illustrations by the author.
This is one of those books that I've always meant to read but never quite got round to, so when I decided to join in with the #cramathon read-a-thon I thought now would be as good a time as any...a decision I'm now very glad about, because I adored it.

It's an odd little book and I don't actually have much to say about it really. In the beginning, it was simultaneously enjoyable and thoroughly weird -- page after page would have me thinking "What did I just read...and why did I love it?" but then, gradually, all the oddness starts to make a weird sort of sense.

There's so much universal truth in the story, things about life and love and loss and what really matters, things about growing up...and it was done beautifully. I loved that it's both a children's book and a book for adults but it would be enjoyed in different ways by both.

And it's just... It was a lovely story. And I lovelovelove the writing.

I'd rate it 5 starts out of 5.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.