Monday, 7 September 2015

Secret Garden Artists Edition by Johanna Basford

Secret Garden Artists Edition
by Johanna Basford

Buy link (The Book Depository)

Description: From the artist and the publisher that brought you the hugely successful Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest - this special artist's edition features 20 beautiful, pull out art prints for colouring in. Colouring fans of all ages will enjoy immersing themselves in a selection of the most popular artworks from the original book, now presented in a new, large-scale format for maximum colouring enjoyment. Each detailed illustration is printed on high-quality card and can be removed easily for framing or craft projects.
I know, I know, this is not the kind of book I'd normally review on here, but hey, if you're asked to review a colouring
book how can you say no to that? You can't, it's not possible.

Anyway, seeing as reviewing this type of book isn't really my forte I'm going to pepper this post with pictures so that the pretty will distract you from my clumsy attempt at being coherent when really I just want to mash the keys in a fangirl-like manner, okay? Okay.

I was so ridiculously excited when it arrived (think 5 year old on Christmas morning) -- that very night my best friend and I literally sat on her mums living room floor colouring in for four hours straight (until we realised it was after midnight and we had to go home at some point).

Basically, this book is absolutely stunning. The artwork is so lovely--owls and flowers and intricate designs with leaves and trees and fdjhdlkfjh! And the quality? The quality of the book is awesome.

I forgot how relaxing colouring books are. Seriously, if you ever get stressed out or anxious, get a colouring book -- it's so therapeutic. Or if you know someone who does and are stuck for present ideas, go with this (both my best friend and her mum have decided they want one for Christmas).

Also, I really loved this edition in particular because it's made so that you can remove the pages to hang/frame your finished pictures but that also makes it ideal for doing what I did--making it a fun group activity to do when you're just chilling out watching TV/listening to music together.

To sum up: I absolutely loved this book. And now I want more colouring books, particularly ones by Johanna Brasford/this publisher, because the quality of this one really impressed me (the ocean and enchanted forest ones? totally leapfrogged their way to the top of my wishlist).

Later.


p.s. and here is a picture of a dog (mine, to be precise) napping on the coloured pencils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.