Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Top Ten Finished Series I've Yet to Finish

So, it's been quite a while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday post, but seeing as this weeks topic is "Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish" I thought I'd jump in, because I have a lot of series that I need to catch up on and this list might make me change that.

So... Onto the books.


Why: I honestly don't know what happened with this one really, because I absolutely love this series. And I own all the books, so I don't even have that as an excuse. But for some reason, I literally stopped halfway through the 5 book series (and I really mean halfway -- I read half of the third book, and I enjoyed that half, I don't know why I stopped). I need to marathon the rest because I have no excuse for this one.


2. Fifty Shades trilogy

Why: I do not like this series (and that is a pretty euphemistic way of summing up my thoughts on these books without a lot of cussing and ranting involved). I just cannot bring myself to pick up the last one...but I will. I will finish this series, it will not defeat me. Yes, I'm stubborn. Yes, I'm ridiculous. But I need to see it through -- the last book can't get worse than the first two, right? RIGHT?!

Why: I kind of forgot what the overall plot of this series even is. I remember the love triangle, although not the specifics of it. But the plot? Totally drawing a blank, it didn't stick with me at all so I kind of don't care what happens? And I know the resolution of the love triangle so I've just not had much motivating me to read the last book.



Why: With this one, it's probably because I liked it as a trilogy, I thought it was great and it ended well and when it was announced it would be dragged out for another 3 books? Not a happy Lanna (especially seeing as we'd probably need to read those three if we wanted to read the spin-off, The Dark Artifices, and not miss anything). I think I have two books left to go in the series. I own them, and I will get to them at some point, but yeah... wish it had remained a trilogy.


5. The Divergent trilogy


Why: Initially, it was major dystopian burn out that had me not finishing this series. But then, I was spoiled for the ending and had no desire to read it... Not because I have a problem with what happens really, but because the only issue I've had with the series is that certain plot points seemed too contrived and I think the big twist of the final book will be the same.


Why: THERE IS SIXTEEN BOOKS IN THIS SERIES!!! *calming breaths* I hatehatehate when a series is dragged on for a ridiculous amount of time. Sixteen books? Ridiculous. Extremely ridiculous. That is way too much time to spend on one series when there are so many other books to read. I'll probably just read the ones I own (original four) and then pretend the rest of the series doesn't exist.

7, 8 & 9. Mara Dyer trilogy, Hex Hall trilogy and Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy

Why: Grouping these together because my why's are the same. I loved the first book in each trilogy, but then by the time the second ones were released I just... well, not lost interest exactly but I didn't have that same "OMG I NEED THE NEXT BOOK! NOW!" feeling and the longer I left it, the less inclined I was to read the rest... Basically, I just waited too long to read them. I will finish them. Eventually. At some point. Perhaps.




Why: This is a fun little series that I mostly loved, and I only have one book left to finish the series. I think the issue is that I've just forgotten what happened in the previous book and I've not been in the mood for a vampire story?

...So, yeah, I need to work on finishing some of these. Soon, hopefully. Are there any series you've neglected to finish? Are there any on this list that you think I should get to first?

Later.


5 comments:

  1. *whispers* I haven't even read The Infernal Devices or The Mortal Instruments and I have no interest in starting either of them...*gasp* They don't seem like my cup of tea, honestly.
    I kind of agree with your thoughts on Divergent; I thought it was good, but I never felt the emotional bond with it that I have with other series.
    As for The Mara Dyer trilogy, it's so trippy, but I somehow ended up loving it! XD As long as you go into it with an open mind and forget about the craziness of the plot, it can become addictive!

    Annie @ Indoor Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I do remember loving the first Mara Dyer book and I do really want to read the last two, it's just... with series, if I wait too long between books it makes reading them feel less urgent. :P

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten around to Divergent at all yet ... I may never at this rate lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I could go into a rage blackout just thinking of the first few chapters I read of Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm impressed you read the first two books. Or even just the first half of the first book :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the Pretty Little Liars series over yet? I got to like book 8 and had to give up. Everything just went CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.