Sunday, 27 September 2015

Wrap Up (42)

On the Blog
These posts definitely seem to have become more of a monthly thing than a weekly. But anyway, I'm going to skip the posts and reviews wrap up this time though, because there is a lot and it's 3:20am as I'm writing this and I'm way too tired to get all the links for them right now. =P

Lanna
I have quite a few new books (yay for getting vouchers for changing gas/electricity tariff -- of course I'd use them to get books. And also some from Abebooks, which is awesome for cheap used books). And it's nearly 2 months of books, so...

So yeah, onto the books (pictures from my bookstagram).

For review:


The Secret Garden Artists Edition by Johanna Basford (colouring book)
The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew
Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas

Bought:




Twilight: The Graphic Novel (volume 1)
The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Fire and Hemlock by Dianna Wynn Jones
The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day
Ask for It by Sylvia Day
Aftershock & Afterburn by Sylvia Day
Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
As You Wish by Eloisa James
Potent Pleasures by Eloisa James
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancy
Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
The Time Machine & The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

And a few not pictured because they haven't arrived yet...

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
Lone Star by Paullina Simons

As you can tell, I'm giving the Sylvia Day train a try... Lets see how this goes. :P

I'm not even going to try to list the e-books I've gotten, there's way too many (I have an e-book problem -- seriously, if I see one that is on Kindle to download for free and it sounds mildly interesting, I get it, even if the chances of me reading it are small).

What've you guys been reading this month? :)

Later.


Julie 
I haven't done one of these in a while and I'm...definitely not gonna be able to catch up. So, I'm gonna do the books I've purchased since getting here and as many egalleys as I can get to because...there's a lot.

Books Read:

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

I only allowed myself to bring 5 ARCs, my travel guides, and my mass market of Pride & Prejudice with me and the adjustment period has been slow, so I haven't been reading much, sadly. Plus, a lot of my reading is usually done while traveling, but I haven't traveled solo much lately.

Purchased: 

All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin 
Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Look how well behaved I've been! I'd been planning to buy Carrie's book when I got here...since she announced it and I'm so psyched to finally have it! And after hearing such good things about Me Before you for so long, I was enchanted by the UK cover and decided to give it a go. I'm currently making my way through both - I started Me Before You, but haven't been in the mood to cry, so switched gears. Uprooted was another one I knew I'd be getting here since I LOVED it, but read it from the library as an ebook and this cover is better than the US cover so. And finally, the Jane Austen biography came from the official Jane Austen center and can help me with my thesis next semester maybe.

Review Books:

As I'm not in the states, unless some UK publisher picks up interest or a US publisher is willing to pay shipping, I'm only getting egalleys for the next few months. And it's been...pretty intense. Which is especially a problem since my Kindle refuses to download "personal documents" aka egalleys on this Wifi....fun.

But also I haven't done this since JUNE and have no idea how to attempt to decide where to start so I'm just...gonna come back to this next time. I'll update my goodreads shelves this weekend though if you want to check there! 

Today, I'm on an indie book shop tour of London so...we'll see how next time looks!

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books this week. I have the Secret Garden coloring book, but not the Artist Edition...I wasn't even aware that there was an artist edition. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just released earlier this month. I'm pretty sure the illustrations are the same, but the pages can be easily removed in the artist edition in case you want to frame/hang them (not sure if there's a difference in the paper quality or not).

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.