Sunday, 6 December 2015

Wrap Up (43)

Lanna:
So... It's been a really quiet month or so on the blog (which is why I haven't even bothered with the On The Blog part of the wrap up). I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately, probably because other stuff has been happening making it hard to focus, but I'm going to aim for getting more posts/reviews up in the next few weeks.

Anyway... I wanted to do a book haul, purely to give some attention to to the books I've gotten recently seeing as it might be a while before I get to reviewing them.

Keep in mind, this is about two and a half months worth of books  and my birthday was at the end of October too...so it's a lot of books, but most of them were because I'd gotten gift cards (all pictures are from my instagram).

Books for review:


The Complete Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - Already reviewed
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - Loved it, reviewed it.
Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit - It sounds great, it showed up wrapped up all lovely.
What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
Front Lines by Michael Grant

Other books:


Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre - I got both of these old Folio Society editions for only £2.75 (with free postage)
Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer - Because I had to?

Books I got while wandering the highlands:



The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe - My best friend got me this for my birthday and it is beautiful (she gave me my present while we were away).
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - We went into a book shop while we were in Fort William (after going to see the Harry Potter bridge) and I had my friends hunting all over the shop for this.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff  - Got this in Inverness when we went to Waterstones (they had a buy one, get one half price thing on so my best friend and I both got a book)
Scottish Myths and Legends - Annnd I got this one in Fort Augustus when we stopped to see Loch Ness.

Books I (mostly) got with birthday gift cards:



The Illustrated Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone 
Unnaturally Green by Felicia Ricci
The Martian by Andy Weir
Night Owls by Jenn Bennett
In the Flesh by Sylvia Day
Twilight Graphic Novel Volume 2
A Thousand Nights by A K Johnston
First & Then by Emma Mills
Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Emma by Jane Austen
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
The Midnight Witch by Paula Brackston
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
The Night Before Christmas by Scarlett Bailey
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

And I think that's all... I'm not going to include e-books because the list is ridiculously long as it is.

What've you all been reading/been up to recently?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.