Sunday, 17 January 2016

Wrap Up (44)

On the Blog This Week:


Well, it's been awhile since I've done one of these! I'm not even going to TRY to catch up, but if you want to see some of what I've acquired, I've posted lots of pictures on my instagram of my physical book hauls. There were a lot of books that showed up while I was gone as well, but I'm not going to deal with all of those right now. We're gonna focus on the past week instead.

Book Haul: 

The ALAMW haul!

Day 1:

A photo posted by Julie (@juliecaughtreading) on

Day 2:



A photo posted by Julie (@juliecaughtreading) on

I'm not going to link to all of these, but I did make a shelf on goodreads for these books (I think I'm missing one but...ah well). 

Beyond those, I also acquired:


My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows (ARC from a friend)
The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray (ARC from publisher)
All the Feels by Danika Stone (ARC from publisher)
The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood (ARC from publisher) 
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen (ARC from publisher)
The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin (egalley from Netgalley)

All in all, quite a good week for books! Though, I now have several book mountains. I really need to speed through these reads to make some more rooms! But, I'm working on it!

Books Read:

The Love That Split the World by Emily Martin
Outside the Lines by Lisa Desrochers
The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock

I've had an excellent reading week, though I'm slacking on my desire to read a book a day this month. I shouldn't complain about already having 8 books read for the year, but I really do wanna make a bigger dent before I start classes again. (Though, the 3 hour daily commute is definitely gonna get me a lot of reading hours so, it won't be all bad.)

Odds and Ends

I'm working on being ready to go back to school for my final semester. It's proven to be a bit more complicated than I'd anticipated after being abroad, but I think it should all work out.

This week, my partners and I announced Blogbound Con, a convention for bloggers, by bloggers. We wanted a conversation, community based type of convention to really discuss the community and things happening within it and outside of it, and we're thrilled with the response so far. If you can get to NYC on July 10, please come join us! 

And, finally, today is my grandma's 90th birthday! It's so weird to think of my grandma being 90 because she's still quite a big younger in my head, even though I now live with her. And she's still healthy and happy and we'll be celebrating her quite a bit today!

How's your life going?

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.