Ten Childhood Characters You'd Love To Revisit As Adults (ie a novella or something to see what they grew up to be) -- you could always just pick YA characters you've read recently you wouldn't mind revisiting in 10 years or so. Or you could pick 10 characters and guess what you think they'd be doing in 10 years or 20 years. OR you could go the other way and wish for coming of age stories for adult characters you love.
I couldn't decide, so I'm going to do a mix.
1. Let's start with an obvious one: The Marauder's & Lily in Harry Potter. I think nearly every Harry Potter fan would love a novel about their Hogwarts years. I think I'd love their story almost as much as I loved Harry, Hermione, and Ron's. So yeah, I'd like to see them as teenagers.
2. Again, an obvious one: The next generation of Harry Potter kids. Preferably from the POV of one of the female kids, I'd love a story of them in their later years at Hogwarts.
3. Jamie Stryder from The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Mostly I just want the promised sequels to The Host but he's the younger brother of one of the main characters so it'd be interesting to see him as an adult and see how the world has changed and how growing up in that world changed him.
4. Leah Clearwater from Twilight. One of the reasons I hated Breaking Dawn was the crappy hand Leah's character was dealt (although it's not the only reason). I'd quite like a novella or even a full standalone novel about her in 10 years -- one where she gets the story she deserves.
5. Let's go back to Harry Potter actually, because I'd also quite to read a novella about Molly Weasley or Minerva McGonnagall when they were teenagers.
6. Alice from the play Closer by Patrick Marber. I lovelovelove this play and she's an interesting character, so I'd quite like to read a coming of age novel about her just to see the life she had that made her into the person she was in Closer.
7. All of the Jellicoe Road characters. I'd lovelovelove a novel of them in their 20's, to see how they've changed as people and how their relationships have changed or crumbled or evolved.
8. Winnie from Tuck Everlasting. I'd love a novel about her growing up, about her as an adult -- just how she chose to live her life after what happens in the story.
9. I'm not sure if this one counts, but Elena from Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell. I just want a full novel about her -- Rainbow wrote a short story about her for World Book Day and I loved it. So yeah, gimme a full YA or even college years story about her and I'll be so happy.
10. I don't have a tenth one really, because all of the ones I could think of actually exist already. Peter Pan if he'd chosen to grow up? We got that in Hook (although a novel would be good). The Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz? Got that in Wicked. Elizabeth and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice? There was a mini-series about them post-story (which, I think, was based on a book).
So...yeah. Those are the characters I'd love to see as teenagers/adults. Which characters would you like to check in with again as teens/kids/adults?