Friday, 27 October 2017

F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher

F*ck Love
by Tarryn Fisher
Summary: Helena Conway has fallen in love.

Unwillingly. Unwittingly.

But not unprovoked.

Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered, and not even a little bit careful.

It could all be so beautiful…if he wasn’t dating her best friend.

Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others. Until she doesn’t.
In case it wasn't obvious by now, I have a soft spot for angsty romances. Even if the characters frustrate me, even if their choices are too stupid to justify, even if a teeny tiny part of me is rooting for the couple to get the hell over each other and move onto something healthier than their obsession with each other...I still love angsty romances.

They're addictive, and when they're done right, they hit me right in the feels and I can't help but go on an emotional roller coaster right along with the characters. Character is happy? My face'll hurt from smiling. Character is angry? I'll want to throw the book in solidarity. Character is hurting? My heart will be aching right along with them.

And this book...it delivered all of that. It's not the most amazing book I've read, but I really enjoyed it.

It was surprisingly funny and it was one of those rare romances that doesn't use sex as a crutch or a substitute for really developing the relationship between characters.

And the characters? I really liked them. I loved Helena and Kit, and I really liked the side characters.

Did the book have its issues? Sure. But it never bored me -- I picked it up and didn't stop reading until I was done and I'd devoted a few hours of time to read it cover to cover. It had some girl hate in the form of a toxic friendship, but it made up for it with other positive female friendships and I liked that.

Genuinely the only part of the book I'd say I really didn't like at all was this section with a character named Muslim, which just seemed sloppy and felt thoroughly out of place in the story (I don't know if it was a cameo of a character from another of the authors books?).

But yeah, other than that, I really enjoyed this one. I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars for not only being the first book in weeks I've managed to finish but for holding my interest enough that I read it in one sitting. I'm definitely going to be checking out some of the authors other books when I need to claw my way out of a reading slump.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.